Subject: Re: [Leica] pronunciation
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 08:17:21 -0400

I love it! What a really OFF TOPIC post!!!
Reminds me of my son's T-shirt that says,
"Hukt on fonix wurkt for me!"
In the recent past, since I had been struggling with Greek, and a smattering
of Latin, as well as reading three books on the ancient Egyptian language, I
have been discussing the Arabic alphabet with a Persian friend of mine
(Median, actually- as I told him, my maps are so old that his homeplace is
there!!)
It seems that with the placement of diacritcal dots, that every possible
sound can be denoted, even those that don't occur in the Arabic language-
sounds like 'ch', or a plosive 'p', as I recall!
Perhaps, we should start a movement to make the official language of the
LUG--- Esperanto, and that it be written in the Arabic alphbet!!! :o)
or as I said before- :o^   (tongue in cheek!)
Dan