Subject: [Leica] Metz flash and R5,R7
From: Montello62@aol.com
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 22:15:29 EDT

A question to anyone familiar with using the Metz SCA 300 flash with the R5
or R7:

I have been a Leicaflex and R4 user until recently when I aquired an R5 and
an R7 on the used market. I also received a used Metz 32 CT3 with SCA 351
adapter. According to the manuals for the R system, when the flash is in TTL
mode and powered on, I should see a flash ready symbol. I don't see the
symbol lit in the R4, R5 nor R7 which leads me to believe that the flash is
malfunctioning or the adapter, perhaps, but not all 3 cameras. Probably my
next move is to find a working metz flash and module to test on the cameras...

Anyone who can share their experience with this setup would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike