Subject: Re: [Leica] Considering trading M4-P for Konica -- am I nuts?
From: "Bill Akata" <billakata@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 00:38:40 +0000

I don't think you're nuts.  I have two M6ttl's (0.72 and 0.85) plus the
Hexar RF.  Most of the time I find myself travelling with one of the M6's,
the Hexar and several lenses in my bag.

There is quirk with the AE which bothers me but doesn't seem to receive much
attention from either the reviewers or other users.  The Hexar does not show
any shutter speed slower than 1/4 second in the viewfinder window.  One of
the main reasons I had for buying the Hexar was to use the AE for long
exposure photos, especially night scenes.  The Hexar shutter will stay open
for up to 16 seconds but the camera will not tell you exactly how many
(hence no way to adjust aperture for maximum dof), or if the 16 seconds was
enough for the exposure.

To me, this is a glaring oversight on the part of Konica because AE is the
only feature which the Hexar has that Leica doesn't offer.  Otherwise, it
has been a nicely made and reliable camera so far.

Bill Akata