Subject: Re: [Leica] Southwest Road Trip photo op advice?
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 21:58:17 -0700

IF you are going through the Mojave Desert, in San Bernardino County, on route
66 (off of 40) check out The Bagdad Cafe located in Newberry Springs, California!
I just drove though the Southwest U.S.A. For the first time a few weeks back and
it was a highlight of my two week roadtrip!
http://www.newberrysprings.com/bagdadcafe/bagdadcafe.html
I'll have a page on it soon on my website devoted to the cafe.

The site of a cult landmark German film of the same name but also called Out of
Rosenheim 1988.
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0095801

The location itself was a star of the film. As was the music score.
I shot two rolls there of Neopan 1600 with my Noctilux and 24. Also 50 sumicron
with green filter.

The film was a turning point in the Career of Jack Palance who got back on the A
list after making this film.

We came upon it by pure accident.
Nothing to do with Bagdad or the Babylonians from what i could tell by the way.
But it's a mecca for many film buffs.

Mark Rabiner

Portland, Oregon
USA