Subject: [Leica] Bozo
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 00:17:10 -0700

George Weir wrote:

> George Weir wrote
> >> Pointers gratefully accepted
>
> Mark Rabiner wrote
> >> Search under
> >
> > Bozo - bin laden
>
> Mark:
> what kind of comment is that?
> I'm puzzled, Were you trying to be inflammatory or just plain silly?
> Did you take lessons?
>
> If you have nothing to contribute on the matter at hand then say
> nothing.
> If you have only insulting, derogatory comments to make then say
> nothing.
>
> Thank you.
>
> All good things to you and yours
>
> George
>
> George Weir Photography
> www.georgeweir.com
> Phone    717-581-0389
> Toll-free  877-934-7368

To all who wake up Thursday morning to see my name in the thread heading with
our beloved Bozo and that other guy with the bear, turban and machine gun I'd
like to invoke a quick explanation if you haven't been following closely.

I did an off the wall off the cuff post yesterday (oh really!) in response to
our brand new member Georges search words: "Rangefinder Misalignment /
alignment" just wondering which searches would turn up for what and the most
innocuous meaningless phrase i could thing of and quickly toss off. I said:
Search under  Bozo - bin laden.
a non sequitur
 it does not follow

No one noticed or bothered with it as it deserved none. I received no comment on
it. It was pretty silly I'd love to be more to the point of funnier.

George however if he's on other lists or not is not used to off the cuff stuff
non sequiturs and took it as a direct personal insult. I guess he figured he
didn't understand it. - It must have been aimed personally at him.

I can say with certainty that not knowing George from a hole in the wall i had
no reason to mess with him. I have no idea anything about this guy. No clue.
What he shoots and why. Nothing. No agenda on my part just reacting to this
whole ideal of searching the archives and "how do I find what I want". You guys
i guess are used to it and I'm not the only one on the list with the
absurdities. For me to mess with somebody - I need a reason - I'm like that - lazy.

So now I'm up there in lights with bin laden and now exactly revelling in that spotlight.
So if you think of it please don't add to that tread or change the heading. I'd
love to see my name in other lights.

I think if George hung out on the list for longer than 24 hours he would have
seen my input was mainly pretty worthwhile and not worth coming out swinging over.
Belligerent for a first day on a new list i'd say!!
Honk! Lighten up George!! Chill!

Mark Rabiner
Oh and i am not infurring that George is Bozo.
Or that Paul is the Walrus.

We are all Bozo's on this bus!
Portland, Oregon
USA