Subject: Re: [Leica] Rangefinder Misalignment
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 11:31:28 -0400

Having just done a good deal of travel with all my Leica gear in a Domke
bag, I have to say that I haven't had any rangefinder alignment problems
at all. Only time I've had such problems was with an M4-P purchased
used. Had it fixed by the dealer, and no more problems. I have dropped
my M6s onto hard surfaces, put one through a major auto accident in
which the car rolled twice, and still not had alignment problems.

As everyone knows, I am not a Leica cheerleader. But I really don't know
what everyone is talking about on this one....and wonder how all those
Leicas have made it through months of combat photography, etc. etc.,
without rattling apart? ;-)

B. D.