Subject: Re: [Leica] To Buy or Not to Buy: a Leica 0
From: Feliciano di Giorgio <feli@d2.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 13:01:08 -0700

If you have money and it gives you the occasional thrill, why not?
Lot's of people buy nonsensical items, that they only roll out a
few times a year, just because they enjoy them.

Life's to damn short to not have the occasional, illogical indulgence.

feli

bampolsk@csc.com wrote:

> OK, ladies and gents,  It's been a while since I lurked on this list, and
> even longer since I posted anything.  So, now I have an interesting
> problem.  I have an opportunity to purchase a brand new gorgeous Leica 0.
> I'd really like to buy it.  But, I've never bought a camera for the sake of
> collecting (my kit includes an M6TTL, an M5, an M2 and a Leicaflex SL).  On
> the one hand, I really love this camera; on the other hand, the chances of
> actually using it are slim to none (ok, maybe I'd run a couple of rolls
> through for giggles just to see what Leica enthusiasts circa 1924 had to
> deal with).  In short, it is likely to live in its box, perhaps to be
> brought out occasionally for the sole purpose of paying homage to Oscar
> Barnack.  Maybe eventually, I'd even buy a glass case for it.  But!!  The
> idea of buying a camera simply to collect it really doesn't compute for me.
> Does anyone have any good reasons why or why not to buy this beauty?  Other
> than that I love it  of course.
>
> Regards,
>
> Brian
>
> --

 "It's truly one of those shows where you just keep expecting Allen Funt
 to come bursting out from behind some 2-way mirror and explain that
 you've been on candid camera for 3 years."
                       -Ethan Ormsby on the status of production, 1999