Subject: [Leica] Opening a new lens! ;-)
From: "Ted Grant" <tedgrant@home.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 13:49:05 -0700

Howdy gang,
I'm sure all of you have experienced some form of this routine when a new
Leica lens arrives as I did a few moments ago.

After all the years of opening new Leica lens & body boxes and experiencing
that first rush of excitement as I carefully remove it from the leather
case, I've never lost that wonderful moment of excitement as though opening
a Christmas gift. That's what you get for being an emotional jerk! ;-) But
dang it's such a nice feeling. :-)

Some of you may recall the ill fated 20 foot drop to marble steps
destruction of my ten day old 80-200 f4 last year, of course not insured,
:-(  (don't ask! ) well it's replaced as we speak. I mean it isn't everyday
you pop $2000 for a lens and 10 days later completely destroy it, then
immediately replace it...... However today we did replace and it truly is a
solid piece of lens.

So as I took possession of this new beauty and felt it's smooth curves,
rotation of focus ring and zoom collar I thought I'd share the moment with
the gang. Now I'll be out the door to shoot a roll or two just to refresh my
feel of this lens that cuts film images like a razor blade. Even wide open,
it's quite remarkable.

Some fun happy snapping over the weekend. Have a good one everybody.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant