Subject: Re: [Leica] borrowed equipment
From: "Mark Pope" <mark.teampope@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2001 08:17:20 +0100

My local dealer has an ex-demo one.  It's called ex-demo because he has a
customer who buys tons of equipment, keeps it for a few months and then
sells it back at to buy something else.  The stuff doesn't get used.  I
acquired a 0.58 M6 from this collection (6 M6's - black and chrome 0.58,
0.72 and 0.85, plus 21, 24, 35 'cron, 50 2.8, noctilux, 75mm 'lux).  I
believe that the customer has just bought a Nikon D1x outfit..
Anyway to cut a long story short, I tried the 21mm in the store.  I could
almost feel the visa card getting very warm...but I managed to resist -
just.  It handles beautifully but I just can't justify it - or more
accurately, my wife can't on my behalf! :-)

Hope you enjoy using it.

All the best

Mark Pope
Swindon, Wilts