Subject: RE: [Leica]Lens speed complainers...
From: Félix López de Maturana <fmaturana@inicia.es>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 16:32:32 +0100

"If the performance of the 17-35 Nikon at full aperture is
good enough for you, and you can take the distortion, go for it."

I did, succesfully. The perfection, which by other way does not exist, is
plenty of limitations. If you can have a f1:2,8 wich allow you to take
pictures otherwise you cannot why not to have it? The matter is that Carl
Zeis, Leica and so on cannot reach their perfection in a kind of lenses as a
14mm f1:2,8, or a zoom like 16-35 f1:2,8. Carl Zeiss approached the aim with
his 24-85 3,5-4 but they have not a camera with the same big class. I can
use a M6 with ASPH lenses and a day after use a digital D30 from Canon. This
morning I did in a portfolio of churches from my town. The D30 was used in
100 ASA for exteriors and at 800 ASA and Image Stabilization lenses in
interiors. Very nice output. Never the quality of a Leica lens. Differents
tools for different aims. Why not? I do not wish to say "this" and nothing
more...

Kind regards

Félix

PD I "should" love nevertheless to have a Leica SLR autofocus with f1:2,8
zooms, low distortion, good sharpness, in two bodies one for film, another
for 24x36 mm CCD digital 6Mgpixels. Nice dream!

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica]Lens speed complainers...)