Subject: [Leica] Re: R8 vs 1V
From: paul.huang@sg.artemisintl.com
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 16:44:46 +0800

Mitch,

Another thing to take note of is that Leica service is not as capable as
Canon in a few parts of the world.  In Singapore, to fix an R8 or a lens
takes a minimum of 3 months and it needs to be sent back to Germany.  In
the world of the company there is only one technician for the R8.  If you
are a pro and needs the equipment to generate $$$, this would be a serious
consideration. By the way, it is easy to mount Leica R lenses on Canon EOS.

Cheers,

Paul