Subject: Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt
From: "George Weir" <george@georgeweir.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 10:54:32 -0500

Ok Walt I'll bite, and no flame intended;

If there is no difference in results as you say then why would it be
that clients, photographers and non-photographers can correctly identify
the "better photos" when shown a set taken under same circumstances,
using same film, developer, paper etc.?

and I'll also beg to differ;
> Even Erwin states (if somewhat cryptically) that the ONLY way to
> see the superiority of this glass is to use a tripod,
My tripod has not been out of the trunk for at least six months and yet
I somehow still see the superiority of the glass.

BTW who's Erwin? Elliot?

Also I'm interested as to what are considered examples of
> 'real world' films

PS wanna buy some "acceptable"  nikkors?
They just don't take the same photographs!

All good things to you and yours

George

George Weir Photography
www.georgeweir.com