Subject: Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 11:13:55 -0500

George Weir wrote:

> Ok Walt I'll bite, and no flame intended;
>
> If there is no difference in results as you say then why would it be
> that clients, photographers and non-photographers can correctly identify
> the "better photos" when shown a set taken under same circumstances,
> using same film, developer, paper etc.?

Perhaps they see a difference because you take better photos with your
Leica equipment than you do with Nikon equipment. You may be more
comfortable with the Leica equipment. You may 'see' better with the
Leica equipment. You may tend to use the Leica equipment to take the
more impressive shots. You feel more confident as a photographer using
the Leica equipment. You may use the Leica equipment to take shots which
- - because of the noise - you wouldn't take with the Nikon equipment, and
folks really like those shots.

There are any number of reasons why your Leica shots might be "better"
than the Nikon shots, and not one of those reasons has anything to do
with the equipment being inherently better.

B. D.

Who loves both his Leica and Nikon equipment, each for different
reasons.

Message from "George Weir" <george@georgeweir.com> (Re: [Leica] the 90% rule-long, rambling BS from Walt)