Subject: Re: [Leica] Has anyone ever tried to use a Leica screwmount lens on a Russian camera body?
From: "E. van Ginkel" <E.vGinkel@inter.NL.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 13:05:02 +0100

Only Leica lenses which have a cylindrical rangfindercontrolcam, like the
elmar can be fitted to russian LTM rangefinders, Leica lenses with a rodlike
rangefindercontrol like the 4.5/13,5cm Hektor can't be fitted. Worse don't
even try it, in the best case you wil ruin your russian camera, in the worst
case the Hektor will get stuck to the camera, and can only be removed after
by taking the lot apart.
Take the above into mind a Leica lens that is fittable to a Russian LTM
takes the same quality of pictures on that camera as if it was fitted to a
Leica or Canon or a new Bessa R.

René van Ginkel