Subject: [Leica] Re: OT - PayPal
From: "Gary Todoroff" <datamaster@humboldt1.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 15:21:38 -0800

PayPal has been a good experience for me over the past year, with a few
thousand dollars in transactions going both ways. By ordering a transfer
from PayPal into my bank account, I try to keep a balance of less than $500
with them, just in case something weird happens to the service. The only
downside to the "personal" level of service is that you can't get direct
credit card payments from buyers. Previous policy was that you could accept
credit card payments of up to $100 in a single month, but that is ending
with PayPal in a week (I already wrote them a complaint letter). So buyers
have to either have a PayPal balance already on their account or use their
bank transfer into PayPal in order to pay you (which can take three or four
days).

Set-up was pretty straight-forward, but takes a few days to test the bank
transfer the first time. Best part has been the ease of doing small $
transactions (i.e., non-Leica gear!) by a simple visit to the PayPal
web-site to transfer funds - no check writing or mailing to do. Cyber cash
is here!

Regards,
Gary Todoroff
Tree LUGger