Subject: [Leica] Instant film
From: David Rodgers <drodgers@swiftnet.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2001 07:39:41 -0800

Arthur,

I don't think it's good for Polaroid film to freeze it. On the contrary, I
just keep it in a cabinet shelf. I only shoot b/w. I don't think aging or
even out-of-date is as big a deal on b/w. BTW, I'm not really stockpiling
instant film.  I'm just shooting quite a bit of both 55P/N and 56 right
now. I really like the 56.

I don't know if instant film will dissappear in the future. I just assume
with the way things are it could. If they stop making it, they stop. I'll
just shoot it while it's still available.

Instant film is pretty expensive. Shooting it in 4x5 has been a very good
lesson in patience, seeing, and attention to detail. It's something I need
to practice, even in 35mm. Any resulting image with the 56 is one of a kind.