Subject: Re: [Leica] STRAP SURVEY (prev Saturday "Pro Photo" Shopping)
From: "G. Michael Paine" <mickeyp35@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 08:45:48 -0800

Just a little addendum and 2cents worth to John Fulton's comments
about straps etc.
I have changed film in my M3 and M2 while on the run. The method was
as some have noted here; strap around the neck and camera unpside
down and lens toward the chest. The worse that ever happened is one
or maybe two lost rolls of the new film.
As for the Leica as weapon, Paris in 1968: As noted earlier a Leica
on the end of a strap being whirled above the head keeps people away.
A year or so later in San Francisco trying to keep in front of some
marches brought  me close to some people who seemed to think I was
some sort of FBI guy shooting the marchers. It helped a couple of
times. Though god knows what they thought, I was going to shoot
20,000 plus people, individually? Ah! Well, different times and
different people.

Michael

Message from Mike Quinn <mlquinn@san.rr.com> (Re: [Leica] Saturday "Pro Photo" Shopping)
Message from "C.L.Zeni" <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] STRAP SURVEY (prev Saturday "Pro Photo" Shopping))