Subject: [Leica] squeegee and others
From: John Pakington <johnnie@bbpr.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:37:11 -0000

I have been having problems drying my prints recently. Normally I press the
fully washed fibre prints (Ilford Multigrade) onto the tiled area around the
bath. Yes you've guessed it, the darkroom doubles as a bathroom. When the
prints are no more than tacky, I place them on newspaper until they are dry
and then flatten them under a pile of books. The trouble is, if I misjudge
the time, I end up with a pile of ruined prints in the bath. I don't have
the room or inclination for a print drier and clotheslines have been vetoed
by Mrs P, does anyone here have any success with squeegees or other forms of
Alchemy that might be effective, bearing in mind that all the prints are
split-toned.

Incidentally I have just had the films back from the first shoot with my new
Voigtlander 15mm on the M6. Absolutely stunning lens.

I use a strap on my Leicas, Hasselblad and Nikons. If I hire 300mm and 400mm
f2.8 lenses, I use straps on them as well.

Three topics in one mail, that's value for money.

Thanks,

Johnnie

Johnnie Pakington
Camden