Subject: [Leica] xmas in bucharest - tina's print is up - last chance to order
From: Kyle Cassidy <KCassidy@asc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 09:06:54 -0500

hey kids -- sorry about the delay, tina's print for the xmas in bucharest
project is up:

http://www.asc.upenn.edu/usr/cassidy/leicaslacker/bucharest/

those of you who don't know yet, the LUG is working collectively to raise
money for 16 kids living in a sewer under a McDonalds in bucharest, romania.
this christmas i'd like to be able to present them with food, clothes, and
an opportunity to get out of the sewer. flora, one of the girls living
there, had a decent job last year but wasn't able to keep it because she
didn't have access to a proper shower and ... well, smelled like a sewer.
another of the girls there is 9 and working as a prostitute -- this is just
wrong. there are relief groups in romania trying to help them, but, like
everyone else, they're strapped for cash and resources. the deal is you get
a print from tina and a print from me for $16 each, they make great gifts,
and the money goes to the kids. last year we raised $1111 for nancy McGirr's
"kids in the dump" project in Guatemala but I'm very distressed at this
years output, which so far has only come up with about $350. i'm appealing
especially to luggers in the United States to help me show the world that we
really are good and caring people. i realize you've all probably given to
charity already, but this time you also get the best deal on an origional
photographic print you will EVER GET IN YOUR LIFE unless you're trash
picking outside of Cindy Sherman's house. just this month, buy the generic
camera strap for $4 instead of the leica strap for $49.

we'll be mailing prints december first. if you want to get in on the action,
please please email linda (daysago@ivillage.com) and put your order in.

thanks for your support,

kyle