Subject: RE: [Leica] flash recommendation
From: "Jay Burleson" <jayburleson@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:22:17 -0800

Ken wrote (snip):
>and I can balance room light with *flask* to avoid the "Shot in a cave"
look of many flash pictures.

When I balance photographic light with a flask, I find that I really don't
care what the resulting photos look like.
I'm too busy trying not to dance on the tables with a lampshade on my head.
;-)
Lagavulin or Dalmore is great stuff!

Jay Burleson
"It is now the moment when by common consent we pause to become conscious
of our national life and to rejoice in it, to recall what our country has
done for
each of us, and to ask ourselves what we can do for our country in return. "
Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
UPDATED 5-30-01: http://www.jayburleson.com/

George Kase asked:

"Can someone recommend a simple and lightweight flash for
my M6 classic...I want to shoot some interior figure stuff.
Thanks for any experience and suggestions in advance..."

George, I resisted getting an SF20 flash for my M6s for a long time.  I
thought it looked too much like a toy. Finally, I relented and got one.
I love it!  While the M6 still have the 1/50 sec limitation, the TTL
works great and I can balance room light with flask to avoid the "Shot
in a cave" look of many flash pictures.  I have never had red eye --
even with a 90mm -- with the SF20.

Using the 28mm diffuser makes the photos softer so when i photograph my
grandson, I leave it on.

It is light and easy to carry in a pocket or case.  I just got my R8 and
I know I will like using it there.

I still use my Vivitar when I am photographing a large group or where I
need more power.  But the SF20 is the one I carry with me most of the
time.

Try it!

...Ken Lassiter