Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2001 13:34:01 EST

In a message dated 12/1/01 1:21:30 PM Eastern Standard Time,
marc@attinasi.org writes:

> Flash pictures are not real? Gee, I guess we better enlighten all of those
>  magazine photogs about how to take pictures :)  Come on, flash photography
> is
>  real - let's not get too snobish about our 'available light' bias.

Marc:

I won't be so presumptuous as to try to speak for Ted. Certainly, there is a
place and often a real need for flash. My guess is that what he was saying is
that the Leica RF cameras are made for available light; the reflexes and all
larger format cameras are more contemplative in function.

Indeed, there will be times too when even with a Leica M, one may need to
freeze action which available light, non-flash won't do.

my deux centimes. seth       LaK 9

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe)
Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe)