Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica and off-camera strobe
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 14:36:58 -0800

Well Seth, we also know that Ted in a pinch will use flash.
>From now on i will call this "The Twinkielight Defense."

To me the long classic example of available light photography says it all.
"Toimoko in Her Bath" by W. Eugene Smith.
http://www.rit.edu/~arton/photographs/smith_toimoko.html
	was later found out that Smith like most Life photographers always had a strobe
kit with them.
And that Smith especially thought nothing of bouncing strobes around a room.
And that is how this shot was done.

So "available light" means "the light which is available" and that light is
sometimes the strobe/s which is in your camera bag.

Sometimes it's what you have to have if you want to "bring home the shot."

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com