Subject: Re: [Leica] SonC's Picture A Week 48
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 21:49:17 -0600

Don,

Thank you for your nice words, , and I agree that it is not a shot of fireworks,
anymore than my "standout" was a picture of the football game.

Going to major events in the life of a community lets me experience all that the town
offers, and often there's a fertile field of photos just waiting to be harvested.

When I took up this quest of shooting a picture a week, I was truly afraid there
would not be enough stuff to shoot to make a picture a week.  Sometimes, to some
people, that may be true, but the very act of taking my camera with me everywhere I
go helps me see pictures that once I did not see; they simply were not there for me.

When I sat down on the deck Saturday night, it was to watch the fireworks show that
was,  by the way, right across the river from me, a duplicate of the one going on a
half mile away in the center of this shot.

Then I noticed the people, and the trees, and the fill-light from the nearby
fireworks show.  I picked up the available camera and started shooting.  This was
among the last frames.  I didn't go looking for this picture; It came to me, asking
to be shot.

Regards,

Sonny