Subject: Re: [Leica] Vignetting with 19/2.8R?
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 14:37:46 +0000

Martin, it is the nature of all wide angle optics to incur vignetting.  At
wider apertures, and particularly in marginal light situations, or scenes of
even illumination, it can be noticable.  If it is a big issue you will need
to stop down to f5.6-8 to avoid it.  This is just a fact of life with wide
angle lenses, no matter how well made otherwise.  The manual that comes with
your lens should have some recomendations from Leica on this subject.

Best wishes
Dan States.
Madison WI