Subject: Re: [Leica] M6 and Vivitar 283 - now knees
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2001 13:22:26 -0500

At 11:30 PM 12/7/01 +0000, you wrote:
>The thing I did learn though was that my arthritis is making it difficult
>to crawl around on the floor photographing a 2 year old for half an hour!
>
>Gerry
>www.gwpics.com

Gerry -

The photos sound wonderful.  I'm sure the mother will be very happy with
the results.  I know what you mean about the arthritis!  I just had
arthroscopic surgery on my knee on Monday and discovered that I have no
cartilage left in either knee.  I've been carrying cameras too long over
too many miles!  The doctor recommends knee replacement.  Has anybody on
the list had this?  What do you think?  Will I be able to crawl around on
the floor photographing a 2 year old and carry a backpack over the
mountains of Honduras?  I'm already carrying the lightest cameras possible
- - (except for the R8 with the 100 Macro - I'll have to leave that at home!)

Arthritically,

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com