Subject: [Leica] For Sale - Leica Screw and Contax RF lenses
From: Mark Langer <mlanger@ccs.carleton.ca>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:26:21 -0500

For sale.

Rare Olympus 4 cm f2.8 lens in LTM.  Comes with original leather case that also holds the Olympus 4 cm finder.  Has original front cap and a rear cap that I honestly don't know is original or not.  These
infrequently come up, and often lack the proper Olympus cap and finder.  This is a 5 element lens that was originally designed in 1951 for an Olympus rangefinder that was never produced, due to the high cost
of the design.  Only a small number of these were sold in Leica thread mount.  I have shot with this lens and it is a good performer.  However, it is such a collectible that I am reluctant to bang it around
as an everyday shooter.  I know I'm never going to own another one of these again but it is the holiday season and I need the money for other things, so I just can't justify owning a shelf trophy.  $399 plus
shipping.

Zeiss Sonnar 8.5 cm f2 in Contax mount.  I am told that this lens is of 1936 vintage.  A very impressive optic in brass and high quality chrome mount, in no way comparable to the later copies in terms of
quality of construction. A classic high speed tele.  Recently professionally cleaned.  $299 plus shipping.

I'm happy to answer any questions that you may have about these lenses.

Mark Langer