Subject: Re: [Leica] leica in the briefcase...
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 13:52:26 -0500

At 02:48 AM 12/14/2001, you wrote:
> > I can't disagree with you, but I have tried getting my M in my briefcase.
> > I must either a) have too small a case or b) carry way too much stuff in
>it.
>
>i have a relatively slim aluminum briefcase and my m fits in there with some
>lenses while others (the cosina 35 1.7 for example) must be removed first.
>my educated word on this is that the briefcase is a lousy place for your
>camera anyway. about three months ago i was sitting on it (my briefcase)
>outside of the national press club in washington and a PT cruiser pulls up
>and out jumps senator john kerry of mass. i didn't even bother trying to
>yank my camera out of the briefcase -- it would have taken way too long.
>make a stand, carry your papers and palm pilot in a flexible bag -- build
>your work-a-day enviornment around your camera, not the other way around.
>you never know when you're going to need to get that puppy out in a hurry.

I use a Billingham 'attorney' briefcase with one of their side pouches
snapped on to carry the camera - room for the camera and the cell phone and
very quick access.

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

WARNING:  I cannot be held responsible for the above email, as
apparently my cats have learned how to type.

Replies: Reply from Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com> (Re: [Leica] [OT] Billingham Bags...)