Subject: Re: [Leica] New RF Buyer...
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 21:36:20 -0600

on 12/14/01 3:46 PM, Marc James Small at msmall@roanoke.infi.net wrote:

> The taller deck on the M6 TTL hampers use of the Visoflex and all of the
> related macro doo-dads, as well as of the 2/5cm DR Summicron's eyes.  Other
> accessories are probably affected as well.  This just seems, to me, to
> spoil the wonderful flexibility of a system where cameras designed in 1950
> were meant to take accessories introduced in 1933 and their successor
> cameras did so up through the M6.  I dislike the M6 TTL for the same reason
> I have problems with the M5 -- their different dimensions challenge the
> concept of a system camera.

Understand. But this will not be a do everything system camera for me. I
don't think RFs can be or are suited to. Nor is any type of camera an
everything camera if you really want to think about it. So I will not miss
anything from what the older bodies have to "offer" besides the self
timer...

> I realize that you are a newcomer to the LUG but, trust me, most of us here
> do not use emoticons.  You'll pick up when we're kidding or not.

You don't have to use emoticons but how do you expect someone to pick up on
something without any explanation to go along with it? Text only says what
you type especially to the newcomer like me. <grin> <-middle aged man
emoticon.
- --
John
Chicago, IL