Subject: Re: [Leica] 35 Viewfinder now suggestion for Zeiss turret finder
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2001 01:22:39 +0000

At 09:40 PM 12/14/01 -0500, Don Dory wrote:
>Jay, Zeiss made a quite good turret finder that starts at 21 and includes
>35.  It will also do parallax correction.  You can find them here and there
>at "reasonable" prices or acquire one with a 21 Biogon and sell the Biogon
>for what you paid for both.  Marc can correct me but I think the number is
>441.  I have the version that starts at 28 and it is very usable.

Therre are a slew of these Zeiss turret VF in a slew of focal lengths, a
few Prewar ones for cine use and Prewar and Postwar for 35mm use.  The most
common are the Prewar 436/70 (the one the Soviets, er, copied), with 28 to
135mm, and the Postwar 440, with either 25 to 135 or 21 to 135.  The 25mm
ones were for use with the 4/25 Topogon and are not that helpful in normal
use, so get a 440 with a 21mm bottom end as a daily driver.

Use one of these guys, and you'll wander what madness set over Wetzlar to
cause them to design and build the Imarect.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bąs fir gun ghrąs fir!