Subject: Re: [Leica] Macro Lens choices
From: "Aram Langhans" <alanghans@komoto.naches.wednet.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 06:26:00 -0800

> Date: 15 Dec 2001 10:30:49 -0800
> From: Doug Herr <telyt@earthlink.net>
> On Sat, 15 December 2001, "Aram Langhans" wrote:
>
> > Would
> > the 100/2.8 APO perform well at 1:1 using extension rather than the
special
> > optics designed for 1:1?
> >

> It's not APO if you use extension instead of the dedicated ELPRO

Sorry for a part 2 reply but I had another question.  So, if it would not be
APO, would the image be far worse than the 100/4 or would it be more on par?
In other words, would extension really degrade the image?

Even WITH the ELPRO if I wanted greater than 1:1 and used the bellows, would
the image degrade even more?

Aram