Subject: Re: [Leica] [Way OT] Billingham Bags...
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 09:55:34 -0500

At 09:14 PM 12/14/2001, you wrote:

> > John the Billingham are OK perhaps a bit fancy. I'd also check out
> > Domke, give me plain canvas any day.
>
> > Neither have  "MUG ME NOW PLEASE I AM A RICH SUCKER" emblazoned on them.
> > You don't get elegant accoutrement ...
> > but you get a good feeling from the functionality of the gear.
>
>I was given a Billingham S3 as an early Xmas present and you're right.
>It's a bit on the fancy looking side. I figure I'll spill a martini or
>two on it and drag it on the floor a bit and everything will be ok. But
>I must say it's a great bag. Really nicely made with good protection and
>enough room for my M6/IIIc and a few lenses etc.

I have been thru a series of so-called professional laptop bags, tearing
each one to shreds like clockwork in the space of 18 months...each one
running me $90-100 each time the straps pulled out of the carcass or the
handle pulled off.  I bought the Billingham in an effort to put a stop to
this...have been schlepping up and down the east coast and into Mexico with
the Billingham briefcase for nearly a year now - the thing is wearing
nicely and withstanding my abuse well.  Methinks in another few months it
will be be fairly nondescript.  Frankly the layout of the Domkes didn't
look like they would fit the way I work.  But my cameras do live in a pair
of weary looking Domkes...

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

WARNING:  I cannot be held responsible for the above email, as
apparently my cats have learned how to type.

Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] [OT] Billingham Bags...)