Subject: Re: [Leica] Titanium M6/Titanium Lenses
From: SthRosner@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 16:58:20 EST

In a message dated 12/17/01 4:31:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
RHaigh5748@aol.com writes:

> I think the finish is more fragile than others.

Bob:

Here's the copy verbatim from Leica's original M6 Titanium Finish publicity
that I received when I collected my camera at Leica USA.

Cover plate treatment:
- - brass cover plate deep drawn in 16 steps followed by:
- -grinding
- -engraving
- -fine grinding
- -sanding
- -nickel plating
- -titaniumizing
- -protoxidizing

Leather covering:
Specially selected calf leather,
prepared in several steps.

Image and looks:
- -high quality
- -appealing

Performance characteristics:
- -durable
- -comfortable to grip
- -wear-resistant against handling
- -resistant against environmental influences
- -abrasion-proof
- -may be cleaned

Production:
- -consistant (sic) production quality
- -durable and secure glue
- -easy to remove for service

There you have it; not sure what some of it means
but I am sure it is not more fragile than other finishes.

Seth    LaK 9