Subject: [Leica] Photographing in a condensing atmosphere
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 19:18:32 -0800

....or in the tule fog as we say here in the Sacramento Valley.

I'm wanting to do some time-exposures at night in the fog.

So what's the right way to keep the lens clear? One friend says: put the
camera in the car so it's at ambient. But I'm thinking that the camera
should be WARM so it doesn't offer a condensing site for the fog. I was
thinking of wrapping it in a "hot lulu" which is a bag of something like
popcorn that you microwave. Normally it's used for soothing kinks in your
neck but warming a camera on a tripod would seem to be a good idea.

I'm also trying to figure out how to do exposure evaluation because my meter
even at the fastest film speeds, doesn't get enough light to register.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this. I think I'm just going to put in a
roll of Delta 100 and see what I can get, taking careful notes. I'll let
people know what I discover, if they wish. (That's a threat.)

Thanks gang...

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from "michael grady" <michaelgrady@worldnet.att.net> (Re: [Leica] slightly off topic)
Reply from Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net> (Re: [Leica] slightly off topic)