Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V21 #177
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 17:43:29 -0800

Joseph Yao wrote:

> on 22/12/01 5:10 am, Peter Choy at pmcchoy@earthlink.net wrote:
>

> >> How about "Toyota"!?
> >>
> >> "NOBODY'S going to buy a car whose name starts with "TOY.""
> >>
> >> This is something i told everybody with assurance about 30 years ago.
> >

> > Remember the Chevy Nova?  It wasn't a big seller in Latin America.
> > Maybe "no va" wasn't such a great name for a car in Spanish speaking
> > markets.
> >
> > Peter.

When i started out in photography i needed a loan to get Hasselblads and
Balcars but a business loan was too much for me to bite off at the time.
My banker was sympathetic because she know my 1964 Renault was worth
more than it's blue book value and her dad was a photographer.
So I think we called it a loan to buy a Chevy Nova!
That's how i got started in photography in 1977.
I always thought: Thank God for the Chevy Nova! Takes great pictures!

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com