Subject: [Leica] Re: Where's Joe?
From: "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 06:18:33 -0600

Mark:

>I'm old fashioned in as I'm in a less retrofocal the better frame of
>mind. I realize there are advantages to a retrofocal design but i like
>the advantages to the non retrofocal better.

Ok, I'm going to expose my ignorance here.

What advantages on a print will I see from using a nonretrofocal lens vs. a
retrofocal one?

I understand that nonretrofocal lenses can be smaller and are less complex
overall.  But are there optical properties that I'll see in my final print?

Then, what advantages are there in being *less* retrofocal?  My
understanding is that the lenses have to be at least partially retrofocal to
clear the meter in the M6.

I've heard the terms bandied about, but I don't really have a good grasp of
how they affect my pictures.

Eric

Message from "Eric" <ericm@pobox.com> ([Leica] Re: Where's Joe?)
Message from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Where's Joe?)