Subject: RE: [Leica] re: frugal plug
From: Craig Zeni <clzeni@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2001 10:32:05 -0500

At 09:45 AM 12/23/2001, you wrote:
> > Unfortunately old buddy this has to go back to your court for the answer.
> > But before I'd sell the Leica, I'd cut back on food and other good things
> > and buy film! :-) And I'm serious about that one, it's not tongue
> > in cheek.
>
>LOL, but that is the truth! It isn't long before folks in this group are
>thinking about how they might afford something Leica if they skip breakfast,
>Starbuck's coffee, cable tv....
>
>For me, I am less willing to part with the few hours I'm not working each
>day, so I allow someone else to do the wet part of the darkroom work. Then I
>scan and do the rest. And during the long scans and prints, I read.
>
>John, one other way to shave a few dollars off costs:  check B&H for
>shortdated or outdated film. If it is slow film, it should be fine. I see
>Fuji Velvia there from time to time available as short-dated.

Local store just had a good amount of outdated (3/2000) Velvia in 120 for
$2/roll.  They'd kept it cold and it works just fine.

They also sell the XP2 disposables most of the time too.

- --
Craig Zeni - REPLY TO -->> clzeni at mindspring dot com
http://www.trainweb.org/zeniphotos/zenihome.html
http://www.mindspring.com/~clzeni/index.html

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change ready.