Subject: RE: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 51
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 08:13:34 -0600

All three are fine images. The nod goes to #1 because it has humans in it
and doesn't seem so stark and cold. What is a tube station? Like the subway?

I wrestled with the idea of buying carrying around a Rollei 35S or a Minox
35 (both use scale focusing), but I was afraid that I'd never be able to
accurately estimate close-ups. Both cameras are probably overpriced (the
Rollei new is thousands because they make so few of them, and they all seem
to be special editions). To give myself a little experience with the idea of
gut estimation focusing, I bought a new Kiev clone of the Minox for $40. I
haven't shot a roll yet, but am anxious to see how good or bad the results
will be.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA