Subject: Re: [Leica] Whither Kodak RFS 3600
From: Henning Wulff <henningw@archiphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 19:01:31 -0800

At 8:04 PM -0700 12/29/01, Greg J. Lorenzo wrote:
>Henning Wulff wrote:
>
>Just remember that the batch scanning on this thing works on uncut
>rolls of film; for mounted slides you need the Coolscan 2000 or 4000
>with their often flaky and expensive SF-200 batch attachment.
>

>Hi Henning,
>
>I have had my LS4000 up and running for a week or so and I had been
>considering the SF-200 Slide attachment. What's the story on this
>unit?
>
>For $500.00 US it should work perfectly.
>
>Regards,
>
>Greg

It jams way too easily. With cardboard mounted slides, the friction
between two slides is sometimes too much, and it tries to suck in two
slides at once at times. With plastic mounted slides, sometimes the
little extra bits of plastic that all molded pieces come with catch
on other slides, or on parts of the feeder and cause jamming. If I
load 40 or so slides, I can now get it to do the whole thing about
60% of the time. At the beginning, I had trouble gettting the feeder
to do more than 10 before jamming. The whole design isn't that great.

- --
    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design
  /###\   mailto:henningw@archiphoto.com