Subject: Re: [Leica] Backpack
From: "John R. Fulton Jr." <JRFjr@compuserve.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 08:53:35 -0600

Henry--
Look at the Lightware "GripPack". It's a daypack looking bag.

http://www.lightwareinc.com/index_11.html

This is a great photographer (daypack) backpack.
I carried one everyday for more than a year. I finally stopped
carrying it because I was just accumulating too much stuff in it.
A couple of things to note. It has a wonderful "bottom" insert that
fits in the (duh) bottom. It's very sturdy and will cushion almost
any fall. The Domke triple insert fits into it perfectly.
The key feature is that the bag's zipper goes down very deep on each
side. This allows you to work out of the bag on the run. You can have
it on one shoulder and unzip the zipper down on the side facing up
(it's on one shoulder).  This working method is okay. Everything in
your bag is on an angle since you have it on one shoulder, but
believe me it's better than stopping, putting the bag down and
working from the top.
The bag is discreet. If you want to make it more discreet just use a
Sharpie marker on the Lightware tag. Otherwise it's basic black.
By-the-way, the interior is white (white!) so it's easy to find
stuff. No black void to paw around in.
Good luck.
John Fulton
Fort Worth