Subject: [Leica] Dual monitors
From: "Sonny Carter" <sonc@sonc.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2001 09:45:07 -0600

Several people have expressed delight with dual monitors on the apple
system, and I'd like to report that the PC world is not out in the cold.

Matrox makes a dual monitor video card (which I use) and you can also add a
second video card to Win98se and up systems.

The value of a second monitor cannot be measured in comparison to working
with just one.  I often have Photoshop open on one monitor, and  PageMaker
or FrontPage on the other, and dragging images from one app to the other is
simple.   It is also nice to be able to park my Photoshop tool bars on the
second monitor, off my workspace.

Several of us who populate the IRC Leica chat have the same setup; we can
keep the chat open in a window on one monitor, and keep our work going in
the other.

When editing pics, I often run ACDSee on one side for selecting shots from a
folder and Photoshop in the other to do the work.

My main screen is a 19' Viewsonic PF (perfect flat) and the second screen is
my older Panasonic 17' Graphics Monitor, though I plan to put a LCD monitor
for my second screen this year to give me some room at my workstation for a
box of chocolate or other important accessory.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com

Message from "Mike Durling" <durling@widomaker.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: #190 A Flat Panel iMac)