Subject: RE: [Leica] Photo school or what?
From: Simon Stevens <simon@camera-craftsman.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 20:09:48 -0500

Mitch Zeissler wrote:

>I did the exact opposite when I was 30; I left the pro photography
madness after a ten year run
>and entered the IT field.  I am now able to do photography when and how
I choose, to my
>standards and no others.  Based upon my own experience, I do not
recommend it, especially in
>this day of hyper expectations, critically short deadlines and clients
that cannot verbalize
>what they want.

And don't forget clients who think nothing of making the photographer
wait 3 months to be paid. Or the ones who decide at the last minute that
a professional is too expensive and instead to use an intern with a $150
digital compact.

After five years I just closed my freelance PR photo business and now
I'm in law school. The business was reasonably successful but I'd rather
be a gentleman amateur with a nice steady salary any day.

Siimon Stevens