Subject: [Leica] RE: 90mm M Lens
From: Ray Moth <ray_moth@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 21:18:01 -0800 (PST)

Felix Erazo wrote:

Hello Luggers, Wonder if you guys can point me in the right direction.
I'm in the market for a slightly used  90mm lens, and would like to
know which are the best lenses for the money "Bigger bang for your
buck" Is it the 2.8, the f/2 or the f/2 sumacron asph. Any comments
would be gratly appreciated.
Happy New Year
Happy New Year, Felix (and everyone else),

My vote would go to the current version of the 90/2.8 Elmarit-M (4
elements in 4 groups). I believe this lens gives you the best "bang for
buck" of the 90mm lenses. It's very flare-resistant, has a flat field,
gives exceptional contrast and resolution throughout its focusing and
aperture range and it has - you guessed it - excellent b*k*h!

Its only disadvantage may be that it's a bit bulky compared with the
"slim" 90 Tele-Elmarit but I think the 90 Elmarit performs better from
what I've read (no experience with the TE). My $0.02.

Regards,

=====
Ray