Subject: Re: [Leica] Mark Rabiner's XTol tricks
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 09:24:32 -0800

"Garry D. Lewis" wrote:

> >I fill up the bottlecap with liquid and then i put it on the filled bottle.
> >This helps make for no air.
> >Xtol does not like air.
> >Mark Rabiner
>
> How do you do that without spilling as you turn the cap over?
>
>                         yours siddling around the darkroom,
>
>                                 Garry D. Lewis

I pour the bottle cap filled with liquid onto the bottle and it does
spill over but I'm holding the bottle over the bucket of Xtol so it
drips into there. I just do it in one motion putting the cap on the
bottle but the caps filled with Xtol. Its an obvious thing to do i think
I've been doing this since i was a kid with my gallon jugs of Dektol and
fixer. I'm sure lots of people do it without thinking.
You don't want a little air bell in there if at all possible.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Mark Rabiner's XTol tricks)