Subject: [Leica] New Image
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2002 15:42:19 -0800

OK folks, Here's something a little different. My first nude on my
website. Just up.
http://www.markrabiner.com/ImagePages/Carrie.html
I'll be getting more "hits" now i guess. Not sure if that's what i want.

I've been photographing Carrie about once a year since doing her model
portfolio when she was 16 ten years ago…
This was our first session which involved nudes.
Her, not me.

This was done about a year ago, Delta 100 in Xtol 1:3, the awesome and
completely intimidating 90mm f2 Apo-Summicron-M ASPH
Shot with a medium sized Chimera soft box hooked up to a 1200 watt
second Balcar studio strobe.
I may have used an Ultra 1200 White Lightning as a background separation light.

It's neat to see the flash go off in the viewfinder you can see what
you're getting and i love the framelines.

I don't find 1/50th of a second that much of a problem. It was probably
shot somewhere between F11 and F16 as i tend to do in the "studio."
I shot ten rolls of film that 3 hour session. All Delta 100. There is
something to be said for motor drives. And tall developing tanks.
Strobes with Transformers.

I'm OK with Delta 100 but am testing out a couple of bricks of Neopan
across 100 now and could easily switch to it permanently for such stuff
as I've switched to Neopan in 400 as well as 1600 speed films and in 120.

I wish they made it in 220 they used to.

Mark Rabiner
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.markrabiner.com

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] New Image)