Subject: [Leica] PAW - Week one - Jeffery
From: "Jeffery Smith" <jsmith45@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 18:23:39 -0600

This year, I'm going to concentrate on B&W with more people than animals or
trees. My early PAWs will probably reflect the experimentation with B&W
films as I get back into this genre after giving it up in 1984.

http://www.jeffery-nola.com/PAW_1.html

Week one is more of a lens test and a film test than a piece of art. I
photographed my pastor and his wife Christmas Eve after services. I was
giving XP2 a try at E.I. 200, and found that I like the results with the one
stop over-exposure. The image was also a test of a newly acquired 50/1.2
Hexanon, which gave very pleasing Noctilux-like results.

I also completely redid my web site, with a journal page for each image. For
those who are interested in the equipment, film, conditions, etc., there is
a page of writing that will accompany each PAW image this year.

Please let me know what you think of (1) the lens, and (2) the film.

Jeffery Smith
New Orleans, LA

Replies: Reply from Marc Attinasi <marc@attinasi.org> (Re: [Leica] PAW - Week one - Jeffery)