Subject: [Leica] My PAW - 1st week of January
From: Adam Bridge <abridge@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 18:48:47 -0800

You'll find my trusty PAW at:

<http://www.splitsecondfilms.com/2002PAW/>

This one was taken New Year's Day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I thought of
Ted Grant's advice as I asked the mom if I could take the picture. (I'm VERY
wary of taking pictures of children without permission.)

This was with a 35mm Summicron ASPH at f2 most likely 1/60th on Tri-X at 400
in XTOL 1:1 scanned on a Nikon 4000 CoolScan (who thinks UP these names.)

Should I put these details on the page?

By the way - there is WONDERFUL light in the aquarium. In another message
I'll give a link to a few other images I shot there that morning. It was
gray and foggy that morning - and the place was almost deserted when we
walked in the door at 9:30 AM.

For those of you who aren't from the Left Coast of the US, the Monterey Bay
Aquarium is one of the great institutions of its kind. It was featured in
Star Trek 4. Founded with something like $30 million of David Packard's
money, it's a tribute to great design. It's definitely worth the trip: a
world-class facility.

Adam Bridge

Replies: Reply from Nathan Wajsman <wajsman@webshuttle.ch> (Re: [Leica] My PAW - 1st week of January)