Subject: [Leica] Thoughts on Xtol and the water supply
From: "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2002 22:12:17 -0500

I have followed Marks advice about developing in Xtol but his start times
produce negs that are too thin for my taste.  I think the water here in
Atlanta is harder than the water in Portland.  I wonder if the hardness
affects the activity of the developer?

I think that I should expose three rolls identically, mix some Xtol in
distilled, Atlanta, and Kansas City water and run a densitometer on the
negs.   What am I going to do with 15 liters of Xtol?  Hmm, I wonder who
will pay shipping, insured?

Just reinforcement that all development advice must be tested individually
as it is part art and not all science.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@markrabiner.com> (Re: [Leica] Thoughts on Xtol and the water supply)