Subject: Re: [Leica] Daddy Please Put the lens cap on! XTOL results
From: John Straus <Mail@SlideOne.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jan 2002 22:52:51 -0600

on 1/5/02 9:14 PM, Robert G. Stevens at robsteve@hfx.andara.com wrote:

> The negatives were scanned with
> no correction.  These were all handheld, so make no great judgements
> regarding the sharpness of the lenses.  My preference is the 75mm
> Summilux.  The pose is better than the rest.  The Noctilux just will not
> focus close enough.  The Tele-Elmarit is probably the sharpest and most
> contrasty.
>
> These pictures are at the link below:
>
> http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/gordon_francis_stevens-6.htm
>
> A link to all three pictures in an 800x600 image:
>
> http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/Gordon/lensTest.jpg
>
> For those with high speed internet, the tiff files are at:
>
> http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/Gordon/90mmTele-Elmarit.tif
>
> http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/Gordon/75mmSummilux.tif
>
> http://home.istar.ca/~robsteve/photography/images/Gordon/NoctiluxAT1.4.tif

Well I hate to judge things off of the net but the 90 & Nocti seem to have
the best contrast, the 75 seems kind of flat. And users thoughts on what we
see here? Can a contrast judgement be made from these? I'm interested
because a 75 or 90 will most likely be my next focal length...

- --
John
Chicago, IL
http://SlideOne.com