Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: William Ravenel's PAW Wk 1
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 06:19:32 -0800

William Ravenel wrote & showed:
>>After months of silent non-participation, I've decided to give the
> : PAW a shot. I bought an M6 TTL and 35/2 last fall. I love the camera
> : but am ashamed of the small number of rolls that have passed through
> : it. I bought the camera to use, not to fondle and so I thought the
> : PAW discipline might be the answer. The page with first week's photo
> : is at http://home.triad.rr.com/wrphotos.  <<<<<<<<

Hi William,
If we could float invisible into the homes of many North American's and I'm
sure in other countries, we'd probably find lots of scenes similar to your
first paw.

To me this is the unobtrusive photojournalist doing his thing, quietly
capturing real life moments of a family. Would I do anything different?
Nothing on the surface. Other than trying different angles, like lying on
the floor with a super wide rather than pointing down. Something like at
their eye level to the screens being viewed. But!

You may have done that and not shown us. ;-)

However, having not been there and see how much space there was to work in,
sometimes a suggestion doesn't mean anything unless speaking directly with
the shooter face to face while looking at the print.

Keep using the "available existing light" and you'll continue to capture the
real life look to your photographs.

Just remember if you can see it, you can shoot it! And yep it takes film and
developing manipulation sometimes to capture those moments, but you can't
beat the real life look.
ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant