Subject: [Leica] M7... Marks the first of a new breed....
From: "Frank Filippone" <red735i@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 23:18:05 -0800

Mark.. your last comment is about how I expected the shutter to work....
electronically timed, electromechanical linkage to the mechanical
shutter..... a real different shutter than we have had in the past..... the
most interesting part is the ability to have a strobe be timed to hit a
moving slit.....  I can't say how hard this is, without electronic feedback
for the mechanical shutter, and a very sophisticated timing device....  We
are talking major advances in camera operation.

Now for the good part.....

Keep your M6.. it is the last of the mechanical M's.  The M6, like even the
lowly model A camera, is repairable in the far off future, with the
exception of the metering circuit.  You just make new parts for bits of
metal..... This new camera, using sophisticated electronics, will not be
repairable when electronic parts are gone..  It will NOT be a 50 year use
camera.

Head down, watching out for the incoming......

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net